Saturday, October 27, 2012

happy sad day

Well its saturday. I go to go to my first Malagasy church service today. It was cool. But also sad because we were all saying good bye to Odile. Odile was the best english speaking staff member here. So we became friends. But she left for university today. But I am extremely happy and proud of her. She has over come so much and she will do amazing at whatever she chooses to do. Aunt Kim and Uncle Colin have known her since she was 10 years old. She is 22 now so it was like Aunt Kim was sending her own daughter off. What was also really cool is we are both starting university. She starts this week and I start in January. Then she and her whole family came over to send her off. She has the cutest daughter and niece and 2nd cousin. Who loved having their photo taken :) Also we saw the coolest chameleon yet.
     Tomorrow Uncle Colin, Kitika, Rafily and I leave for Tana. From there I go the lemur reserve which is going to be awesome I can not wait. But I hate being alone so maybe I can find english speaking people to talk to :P











No comments:

Post a Comment