Sunday, November 11, 2012

So you've heard of sticky rice?

My weekend.
Saturday : Started with church in the AM. First we sing for 30-45 mins, then some announcements. Then Sabbath school, which I went with Kitika to his. That lasts a good 30-45 mins again. Then finally church service. Uncle Colin happened to be preaching this week. He did on revival and missions. Uncle Colin also did the whole colors thing but instead of beads he used string. Then lunch then "nap" time. Suddenly around three I can hear singing, which isn't that weird but it sounded REALLY close. Angelo was outside and came it to get rice for the turkeys and I looked at him and said "Angelo where is the music coming from?" He looked at me puzzled and said in the school building...... I didn't know they came back for afternoon church. But we were waiting for a guy, "foot guy" to come so he could go to Tana for surgery. He came and Uncle Colin, Angelo, the HELP worker that went with him, and "Foot Man" went to the bus stop. While Uncle Colin was there he got a text about some concert at 6:30pm. Uncle Colin fwd it to Aunt Kim and that was that. Then around 6:15pm Aunt Kim informed him that it was the nice lady who lived down the street. Well then at 6:30pm he came downstairs and said he and Angelo were going if I wanted to. So we all did and got there at 7pm. I am so glad I did, it was TRULY amazing they did an awesome job and when I get home I will upload them.

Sunday : 10am we leave to head an hour up the road for lunch with Aunt Kim and Uncle Colin's friends, their son, and "un"granny. We had a great lunch by the beach. Then we spent the afternoon in the beach. Even though I really don't like beaches (I HATE SAND). Speaking of sand, this sand sticks to you like no other sand. Even in the shower it took FOREVER to get the darn stuff off my body. Its all over the car too. But it was a really fun day. Oh yeah this is also my 1st time to go in the Indian ocean. Did I mention I am going home in 18 days? lol I waited a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment